The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow...


Ok, I know what you are thinking. I've been hiking since April 27 and you are waiting with bated breath for that first post from the trail. You want pictures! You want stories of rattlesnakes, flash floods, and getting lost in the blazing desert heat! You are beginning to wonder if I am really hiking... Fair enough, but remember that good things come to those who wait and I promise there is a method to my madness.

Since I will only have cell service occasionally, I have to submit my blog posts in batches and allow my amazing editor (thank you Sarah) to proof and schedule them in the correct order. The goal is for you to receive my first "live" post from the trail TOMORROW and the map should begin updating with my location for the corresponding day. If you click on the hiker symbol on the map, it should open a browser window with details about that day's hike.

Because I have no idea how often I will have cell service, there may be additional delays in the future. I have asked Eva to write a few blog posts to share her experience and I wrote a few extra that may show up to fill in the gaps. The goal is daily posts from the trail. But remember, besides blogging, I am hiking 20+ miles a day in all kinds of weather, over all types of terrain (sometimes without a trail), and focusing on staying hydrated, dry, and fed. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

Tomorrow, tomorrow! I love you, tomorrow...

Comments

  1. Yea, I'm waiting for pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! And my mom would like to know if you ever have to kill and eat animals lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know where to look for water?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!