May 5-Day 9 / Embrace The Blisters


I've got five blisters on my right foot and none (zero, nada) on my left foot. What's up with that? I'm babying them the best that I can, but I'm not having too much success. Keeping them clean and dry is a real challenge. Tomorrow I hit the Gila River, and expect to cross the river 50+ times in 10-12 miles. My feet will be wet all day and it'll be interesting to see how this affects my blisters.
Today was also Embrace The Snake day. I've seen more snakes today than I've seen the previous 8 days. Below are some pics. I know John L. wants pictures of me eating one, but I left my snake sauce at home and everyone knows you can't eat snake without snake sauce. 😁
As you view my progress on my website map, you'll notice that I'm no longer on the "official" trail. Have no fear, I'm not wandering around in the desert. I've taken an alternate route up the Gila River. In spite of all the river crossings, previous thru-hikers say it is beautiful and worth the effort. 
Today I hiked most of the day with Free Bird. He has hiked the PCT and the AT. (I'm not worthy.) A very nice guy with some great trail stories. We camped together after 23.5 miles and it began raining as we finished dinner. It's 8:30 now and time to read before I fall asleep listening to the rain and watching lightning flash in the distance. 

Comments

  1. You my friend are crazy to get that close to those snakes. Haha praying for you and those blisters !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about blisters! I had them constantly in the Army...moleskin was my best friend...you should have some of that! I would attach pics here, but it wont let me, so I'll do it on FB! I hope the foot clears up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave man Ps. Loren! Praying for your foot and safety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total awesomeness! I want to join you sometime for a few days on this hike. I haven't forgot. Love your posts. Joe Barth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you pastor. The joy of the hike is still seen on your face, even through all the adversity. May you conquer each mile in health and safety. I'm praying for Eva too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!