The morning was very cold. I wore my gloves for the first time and was glad I had them. I didn't take off my jacket until almost lunchtime. Even after the sun was up, the cold wind kept me moving just to keep warm.
I was the first one hiking in the morning, but by noon, just after I stopped for lunch, both Goosebumps and Foxtrot arrived and joined me. Foxtrot announced he is leaving the CDT at Silver City and plans to begin hiking the AT on the east coast. He doesn't like the lack of trail community on the CDT and expects to find more of a social atmosphere on the AT. Good luck Foxtrot, I'll miss you!
Today we climbed to 8,000 ft. and saw trees for the first time on the CDT. I was excited to see oak and pine tree and enjoy the shade. I also met 5 day hikers who were very excited to meet a thru-hiker. I stopped for dinner and to camp around 6 pm and Goosebumbs soon caught up and decided to hike a few more miles. This will be my first night alone on the CDT and I've got a great campsite to watch the sunset.



Keep em coming. I really enjoy your reports.
ReplyDelete