Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mother and my amazing wife. One raised me and the proof she did a great job is that the other one married me and gave me two beautiful daughters. I'm truly blessed and thankful for both of these wonderful women in my life.
Mom,
Thank you for everything you did for me and then taught me to do for myself. I would not be the man I am without your care, nurturing, and instruction. You are a great cook, cleaner, and planner. I'm still working on the cooking but I've mastered the cleaning and planning. I think I also inherited your accounting gene. Thank you for the thousands of meals, loads of laundry, rides to school, and practicing my spelling words while you cooked dinner. Thanks for allowing dad to take me motorcycle riding, first as a passenger and then on my own bike. I remember when I was a boy and my feet hurt all the time. Thanks for taking me to so many doctors and finding an alternative to surgery. Today I can hike thousands of miles. I remember long drives to Mammoth when I was old enough to drive. We would talk about everything. Thank you for encouraging me when I struggled in school and sports. Thank you for taking me to the bank to open my first savings account. For all the dental and doctors appointments, school lunches, help with homework, and rubbing my arm in church (some things never change), thank you. I couldn't ask for a better mom. I love you.
Eva,
You are a wonderful mother and I am in awe of how you took care of our two daughters, worked full time, and still had time for me. Thank you for everything you did for our daughters. You always know just the right things to say and do to encourage them. You know when to talk, listen, and tickle. Cooking, shopping, laundry, sewing, and ironing-the list of things you have done for our family is exhausting even to think about. Thank you for accepting my family without question or condition. You have been a blessing to my parents and have made every holiday celebration more special just by being there. I love you so much. Can I have a back rub now?


Comments
Post a Comment
Let me know you are following along!