I've never been a fan of bottled water, but in the desert I'm a true believer! For the first 85 miles, trail Angels help hikers by cashing water in the desert.
There are other interesting things to be found in the desert too.
About 6 miles before Lordsburg, we met our first trail angel. His trail name is Apple and he serves apple pie, soda and Cheetos to hikers. He is a retired IBM employee from Ohio and spends six weeks a year being a trail angel on various long-distance trails. Below is Apple, Goosebumps, and Foxtrot.
I arrived in Lordsburg at about 1 PM, checked into a budget motel, grabbed some lunch, and began the process of washing clothes, cleaning up, and restocking my food and supplies. I leave for Silver City tomorrow after breakfast; 76 miles further up the trail.
There are other interesting things to be found in the desert too.
About 6 miles before Lordsburg, we met our first trail angel. His trail name is Apple and he serves apple pie, soda and Cheetos to hikers. He is a retired IBM employee from Ohio and spends six weeks a year being a trail angel on various long-distance trails. Below is Apple, Goosebumps, and Foxtrot.
I arrived in Lordsburg at about 1 PM, checked into a budget motel, grabbed some lunch, and began the process of washing clothes, cleaning up, and restocking my food and supplies. I leave for Silver City tomorrow after breakfast; 76 miles further up the trail.





Stay hydrated my friend. Praying for you this morning. What's been the most enduring thing so far besides of course water? Any wild lid issues? Insects?
ReplyDeleteThank you for keeping us updated almost everyday! Hope to see you personally in Colorado!
ReplyDeleteTrail Angels! Trail Magic! Awesome! I love the surprise and blessing of all that the Trail Angels do for perfect strangers, just because they love the trail.
ReplyDeleteKeep trekking along! I love how close technology can bring us even though many miles may be between.
ReplyDelete