Sleepless in New Mexico

It will be a few days before I have cell service and can begin posting from the trail. Until then, I've written a few blog posts that will post automatically to keep my loyal readers happy. Have I mentioned lately how much I appreciate my readers? :)

From experience I know that the first few days on trail I will have trouble sleeping at night. Excitement, sleeping on the ground, the aches and pains of hiking, a noisy tent - it all adds up to a few sleepless nights that involve a lot of tossing and turning. The good news is that I know that in a week or two I'll be sleeping like a baby. In the spirit of full disclosure, which may be TMI for some people, I also seem to have a problem with drooling when I sleep on the ground, which is exacerbated by the fact that I don't use a pillow and I sleep on a plastic air mattress. It's like sleeping on a personal sized slip and slide...

Comments

  1. We had a rainstorm, today. It is fast moving and I imagine it is headed your way in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toney! You are such an important part of Team Loren 2016 MHGA. I'll be bringing a resupply package by on Tuesday. Thank you for all your help making this a successful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not every day someone can have a personal slip n' slide. You're living the luxurious life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!