Saying Goodbye

"I wish you well and so I take my leave,
I pray you know me when we meet again."
William Shakespeare

Along with the excitement of counting down the final days before I begin hiking the Continental Divide Trail, there has been tears and sadness as I say goodbye to the friends I have made over the last eight years. I know it's not goodbye forever, but five months is a long time to be gone, no matter what the reason. Most of my Modesto friends are somehow connected to my ministry at The House Modesto, where I have been privileged to work with the most talented, passionate, and loving people. I will miss you as I hike the CDT. It is times like this when I realize that I have not told you often enough how much I love and appreciate you,  how much you have blessed me, encouraged me, and made me smile and laugh. There is no denying how hard we work, but we have also had lots of fun along the way and have seen so many people's lives touched by the power of God. It is a joy and a privilege to be part of something that is impacting the lives of people for eternity and building the Kingdom of God. To all my friends I made while serving at the church, thank you for your love and support. You blessed me on a daily basis and I will miss you. I hope you will follow my adventure and pray for me while I hike, and don't forget about Eva...she is so amazing for allowing me to be away for five months. I look forward to seeing you all again after my CDT adventure.

Your crazy hiking friend,

P-LO

Comments

  1. Pastor Loren, we miss you already. It's not going to be the same in the office, but we are all praying for you and excited to follow your journey. Stay safe and stay close to the trail! Bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!