Long Walks/Dirty Socks

Who loves new socks? I do, I do! They feel so soft and have that new sock smell. Putting on a new pair of socks feels so good; like a new pair of fuzzy slippers on Christmas day! I hike with two pair of socks and alternate socks every day. It's nice to wash the pair I am not wearing, but unless there is a river to rinse out the dirt, there isn't much I can do except slap them against a rock or tree and watch the dust fly!  Whenever I get to town and wash my clothes, I pre-rinse my socks in the bathroom sink. It always amazes me how much dirt there is in the bottom of the sink. I get two new pair every time I get new shoes-every 500-600 miles. I could probably make the socks last longer, but oh the joy of receiving new socks! There should a special hallmark holiday celebrating new socks.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm planning on hiking north so it will be late August and September...unless there is too much snow in Colorado. I might finish New Mexico, flip up to Canada and hike south. If that happens, I could be in Montana in June!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you!! Yeah for new socks, the new shoes are something to look forward to with longing as well!! I just wish the new cushiness lasted more than two days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!