Living Out Loud

I am a quiet and unassuming person who doesn't crave the spotlight and doesn't usually share about my personal life. I have noticed that when I am hiking and blogging about my adventures, I am more inclined to share about my personal life and what I am thinking. And I admit it feels good to share. Maybe it's because I spend so much time alone while I hike. Maybe it's because I have so much time to think while I hike. Maybe there is something about writing it down that makes it feel safer to share. Writing is slower that talking. It allows me to think, reflect, review, revise, and make sure what I write is exactly what I want to say. Whatever the reason or reasons, don't be surprised if you read some personal notes along with updates from the trail.

When I began this blog back in December of 2013, I wrote this: Some of what I write may be chaff, but no one has produced wheat without the chaff, so I hope you will graciously accept it as the price for getting to know...me. And if you draw closer to God and learn to appreciate and enjoy His creation more, that's even better. I still feel the same way and hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing them.

Thank you for following my hike, reading my blog, and sharing your questions and encouraging comments. Long distance hiking is such a solitary activity, but blogging makes me feel connected to my family and friends and I am encouraged when I hear from you. I appreciate you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!