Go For Launch



The day before the first day of 156 days of hiking! I couldn't be more excited! In order to hike the Continental Divide Trail, I need to get to where the trail begins in New Mexico at the US/Mexico border. That journey begins today with a flight leaving Sacramento International Airport at 7:45 AM bound for El Paso, Texas. I have a two hour layover in Las Vegas and finally arrive in El Paso at 1:35 PM. I'll take public transportation from the airport to the Grayhound bus station and find a Taco Bell before leaving El Paso at 4:55 and arriving at Lordsburg, New Mexico at 8:35 PM. I'll spend the night in Lordsburg and tomorrow morning I leave at 6:30 AM on a shuttle bus bound for the border. The shuttle can carry up to nine other hikers and we'll have plenty of time to get acquainted on the 100 mile drive to the southern terminus of the trail. We'll arrive at 10 AM and after a few photos and a brief prayer (Jesus help me!), I'll begin hiking. Check out this view of the border! I'll post updates on Twitter and Facebook as cell service allows on my journey to the border! Things are about to get exciting!

Comments

  1. I just woke up remembering our early goodbye. I miss you so much already. Looking forward to meeting you on the trail soon. Safe flight honey. You are in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Pastor! What an incredible adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you pastor ! See you in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!